Sunday, September 30, 2018

Finally, A Sister

Well, it's only been five years since my last blog. I'm not so good at keeping things updated here. We used this blog the first time so everyone could follow our journey to Lydia. We're using it now so that everyone can follow our journey to our next Peterson Princess!
Surprise...For those of you who have not heard, we are about two months away from traveling to China to adopt a "MeiMei" (Little Sister). We've been in the process since November of 2017 and we're so excited. Lydia couldn't stop saying, "I can't believe I'm having a sister" for about a month after we told her. She is still excited, but is torn because she has heard from all her friends that little sisters can be very annoying. :) Brian and I are excited and busy at the same time. The paperwork keeps us on our toes.
For those of you who have done this before, or who are in it now, we are waiting for our I-800 approval. That is approval from the US government for our daughter's immigration. We need a few more things from the US and China before we can book our travel. Our agency thinks that the week after Thanksgiving is a good estimate for travel time.
We wanted to let you all know what was going on and give you a little glimpse at our MeiMei. I'll try to blog a little more in the next two months, and for sure, when we get to China.

No comments:

Post a Comment